Thousands of charities provide support and services to our citizens, young, old, poor and disabled alike. These services cover everything from food and housing to disaster preparedness and legal services.
Your time, efforts and financial support will make a difference to those organizations working to ensure the most basic human services.
If you have an idea of how you'd like to help, use the TOPIC SEARCH on the left.
If you're not sure where to start, try one of the issues below.
- Afterschool Programs From academics to sports, find out how you can help after-school programs flourish.
- Aging Help older Americans stay active in their communities.
- Employment/Job Training Help provide job training that can improve quality of life.
- Child Abuse Awareness Make a difference in a child's life.
- Domestic Violence Take action to stop domestic violence and abuse.
- Drug Abuse Take action to fight drugs in your community.
- Father Involvement Learn how father involvement can greatly improve the lives of children.
- Foster Care Put children and youth first. Become a foster parent.
- Homelessness Provide shelter and a place to call home to those who need it most.
- Hunger Help solve a problem that's often as close as next door.
- Kids & Adults with Disabilities Help kids and adults with disabilities achieve greater independence in their lives.
- Suicide Prevention Learn the warning signs and promote suicide awareness and prevention.
Learn more about Human Services Nonprofits
The National Center for Charitable Statistics provides details on these types of charities and the public support they receive.