With so many illnesses that can devastate mind and body, the demand for medical research, information and treatment options is never-ending. Every major disease is represented by nonprofit organizations working to support research, public awareness and education, as well as public policy.
You can make a difference when you give your time, money, and support to organizations that work to cure diseases, educate the public, and help with other health needs.
If you have an idea of how you'd like to help, use the TOPIC SEARCH on the left.
If you're not sure where to start, try one of the issues below.
- ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) Support research to help find a cure for this debilitating disease.
- Alzheimer's Improve the quality of life for our seniors and help to search for a cure.
- Asthma/Allergy Awareness Learn more about these chronic diseases and how they may be prevented.
- Autism Join the fight to help families affected by autism.
- Birth Defects Take action in the fight against birth defects.
- Breast Cancer Help stop the disease that kills thousands of our mothers, aunts, sisters and daughters every year.
- Cerebral Palsy Learn more about cerebral palsy and how you can help people with the condition.
- Colorectal Cancer You can help in the search for a cure.
- Diabetes More people have diabetes than ever before. Help fight this growing - and serious - health concern.
- Heart Disease You can help prevent heart disease. Take action now.
- HIV/AIDS Put an end the disease that has shattered the lives of millions of men, women and children.
- Kids & Adults with Disabilities Help kids and adults with disabilities achieve greater independence in their lives.
- Mental Disabilities Help meet the challenge.
- Multiple Sclerosis MS takes many forms. Find out more and how you can help work toward the cure.
- Organ Donation Learn more about organ transplants, and what you can do to become a donor.
- Ovarian Cancer Know the facts and help support efforts in finding a cure.
- Parkinson's Disease There is hope of finding a cure, but your help is needed.
- Physical Fitness Take action to get fit, and lead a healthier life.
- Prostate Cancer Support efforts to accelerate treatment and a cure.
- Stroke Awareness Stroke is known as the "silent killer." Find out why, and learn more about risk factors and prevention.
- Suicide Prevention Learn the warning signs and promote suicide awareness and prevention.
- Summer Health Risks Find out how to stay safe and healthy during the summer months.
Learn more about Health Nonprofits
The National Center for Charitable Statistics provides details on these types of charities and the public support they receive.