Education is an important foundation for personal success and growth. Many nonprofit organizations are working to ensure access to education programs, especially disadvantaged youth, immigrants, seniors and people with disabilities.
You can make a difference by donating your time and financial support to projects such as rebuilding a library, helping to teach a child to read, or even furthering educational research.
If you have an idea of how you'd like to help, use the TOPIC SEARCH on the left.
If you're not sure where to start, try one of the issues below.
- Afterschool Programs From academics to sports, find out how you can help after-school programs flourish.
- Arts in Education Keep the arts alive in your community. Work to keep art and music in our schools.
- Digital Divide Learn what you can do to help bridge the Digital Divide.
- International Exchange Support international education and cultural diversity.
- Keeping Kids in Schools Helping kids graduate will give them a better chance in life.
- Learning Disabilities Information and participation can spell real progress in taking on learning disabilities.
- Literacy Work to improve literacy rates in the U.S.
- Mentoring Be a mentor and make a real difference in the life of a child.
- Museums Support the institutions that showcase and preserve our history and culture.
- NetAid World Schoolhouse Make a resolution to join the fight against poverty.
Learn more about Education & Research Nonprofits
The National Center for Charitable Statistics provides details on these types of charities and the public support they receive.