Over time, human development has contributed to the extinction of many plant and animal species; added to air and water pollution and led to dwindling natural, open spaces. Thousands of charities are working to protect animals and the environment so future generations will inherit clean air and water, as well as an abundance of plant and animal life.
If you already have an idea how you'd like to help, use the TOPIC SEARCH on the left.
If you're not sure where to start, try one of the issues below.
- Air Pollution Promote healthier lives by ending air pollution.
- America the Beautiful Take action to preserve America's natural beauty.
- Animal Welfare Protect the lives and the rights of our animal companions.
- Asthma/Allergy Awareness Reduce the impact of these illnesses by promoting a clean environment.
- Beaches and Oceans Learn what you can do to keep our shores and coasts clean and safe.
- Earth Day Take action to change the environment on Earth Day and everyday.
- Energy Use Think about our future.
- Floods Help those affected and displaced by the latest floods.
- Global Warming Do your part to stop global warming today.
- Hurricanes Learn more about hurricane safety and preparedness.
- Hybrid Cars Preserve natural resources & the environment with "green" cars.
- Water Pollution Ensure clean water and healthy marine life worldwide.
- Wildfire Safety Practice and promote wildfire safety.
- Wildlife Protection Animals and people don't always mix. Find out how to stay safe outdoors.
Learn more about Animals & Environmental Nonprofits. The National Center for Charitable Statistics provides details on these types of charities and the public support they receive.